GHS-DS Optional Module
The General HydroStatics Dynamic Stability "DS" Module is a complete analysis solution for conducting dynamic stability evaluations according to IMO Second Generation Intact Stability guidelines. The module interfaces with the Advanced Features (AF) and SeaKeeping (SK) Modules to offer level 1 and level 2 support for all five dynamic failure modes: Dead Ship (DS), Excessive Acceleration (EA), Pure Loss of Stability (PL), Parametric Roll (PR), and Surf-riding/Broaching (SB). New and existing designs may be easily assessed for dynamic stability vulnerability using an intuitive and direct syntax via the DYNSTAB command.
Each failure mode is described below:
Get Access to a Trial Version
- Dead Ship (DS): DS failure mode considers a ship that has lost power and is positioned in
beam seas, rolling and drifting under the action of wind and waves.
- Excessive Acceleration (EA): EA failure mode considers the vulnerability of a ship to large lateral
accelerations due to synchronous resonance. Lateral accelerations are
computed at locations where crew or passengers are expected to be present.
- Pure Loss of Stability (PL): PL failure mode considers the vulnerability of a ship to capsize via complete
loss of stability due to a sudden and significant change in waterplane in the
action of waves.
- Parametric Roll (PR): PR failure mode considers the vulnerability of a ship to parametric roll
resonance in waves.
- Surf-riding/Broaching (SB): SB failure mode considers the vulnerability of a ship to surf-riding, during
which a following wave accelerates a ship forward, and broaching, which is a
violent uncontrollable turn that often follows surf-riding and may cause
If you are interested in testing the Dynamic Stability Module, contact sales
to inquire about a temporary license. We will work with you to set up a trial period that meets your evaluation needs.
Copyright (C) 2021, Creative Systems, Inc.