GHS Load Monitor
The onboard version of GHS
Making GLMs and Selling them to your Clients
If you are a current GHS user and if you have a Geometry File and light ship
weight information, you can easily make a GLM and sell it to your client for
use aboard the vessel and/or in his office. The process is as follows.
1. Contact Creative Systems and order the GLM Configurer's license which
authorizes you to use GLM_Maker, the GLM Configuration Wizard, and to be a
distributor of GLMs. You will receive an upgrade to your GHS.KEY file that
enables your system to configure, build, and test GLMs. It also gives you
the ability to use the new LEw version of Load Editor in your regular GHS
work. Your only cost is adding the LE, LEw and CG modules to your GHS system
(if you do not already have them).
2. Download the
GLM Configurer's package
3. Unzip the package and copy all of the files into your GHS program
4. Run GHS and pull down the Wizard menu. In the All category find GLM_Maker
and run it. Instructions are self-contained in the wizard. If you have any
questions or encounter difficulties, email or call Creative Systems for help.
Any optional features such as LS and MB (any features that employ multiple
geometry files require MB) must be included in your GHS license before they
can be incorporated into the GLM.
5. When the GLM is complete, zip the files in the working directory (not the
test directory) and email them to Creative Systems to get a price quotation
for the software.
6. Add your labor costs and profit to the software quotation. If this is a
preliminary version for the purpose of demonstrating it to your client,
add the additional hours you estimate that you will spend in finishing it.
7. Arrange for a demonstration with your client.
8. When he gives you the go-ahead, use the GLM_Maker wizard to add the
required features or details. If the client wants something that does not
seem to be supported by the wizard, contact Creative Systems and ask about the
feasibility of adding it.
9. When the final version is ready, again email the files from the working
directory to Creative Systems and ask them to put together the final package
which they will then place in a special location on their web site and notify
you so that you can download it. They will also prepare printed copies of the
manual (let them know how many you need) and one or more CDs containing all
the files ready to be installed on your client's computer. They will ship
these materials, along with the software invoice, to you.
10. Before starting the next GLM project, download the latest GLM Configurer's
package (there is no charge for this update if your GHS system is current).
Creative Systems, Inc.